Law Courses in Kenya 2022/23 Best Colleges and Admission: Check the latest Law admission process, career, salary, admission requirements, future scope of Law Courses in Kenya. In addition all diploma, undergraduate (bachelor) and postgraduate college and PhD of Law Courses in Kenya.
Law Courses in Kenya
The Mission of the Faculty of Law is to provide quality legal education that fosters critical thinking, human rights discourse, innovative research, the pursuit of justice through scholarship, advocacy and collaboration, and service to the society that contributes to national and global development.
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
- Master Of Laws (LL.M.)
- Doctor Of Philosophy Degree In Law (PhD. in Law)
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
- Duration: 4 Years
- Admission Requirements: K.C.S.E. Candidates must have C+ or above grade in or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution.
- Fees: Approx KShs. 40,480/= per six units to KShs. 75,580/
- Degree Name: Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Masters of Laws (LL.M.)
The Master of Laws (LL.M.) course is designed for students who are interested in gaining further skills and specializing in specifc areas of law. The programme enables students with the Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) degree to delve into and develop expertise in emerging areas of law at the national, regional and international levels.
- Duration: 2 Years
- Admission Requirements: Bachelor degree in the respective field or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution.
- Fees: Approx KShs. 340,480/= per six units to KShs. 575,580/
- Degree Name: Masters of Laws (LL.M.)
- Experience: At least two years of work or relevant experience may reuired in some university.
3. Doctor of Philosophy in Law (PhD.)
- Duration: Full-time student 3 years to 5 years and part-time student 4 years to 7 years.
- Admission Requirements: A Masters degree from any recognised university.
- Degree Name: PhD. in Law
[su_box title=”Foreign students Fees”]Note: Foreign students are expected to pay an additional approx 20% of the total fees. [/su_box]
University or Colleges for “Law” Course in Kenya
The Commission for University Education(CUE), Kenya approved the following universities to run the “Law Course” including LLB, LLM and PhD in Law in accordance with the universities act. There may be other universities also offered the same course for the student which is not covered in this page.
|1. University of Nairobi||Nairobi||
|2. Africa Nazarene University||Nairobi||✔|
|3. Chuka University||Ndagani||✔|
|4. Daystar University||Machakos||✔|
|5. Egerton University||Nakuru||✔|
|6. Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology||Juja||✔|
|7. Kabarak University||Nakuru||✔|
|8. Kenya Methodist University||Nairobi||✔|
|9. Kenyatta University||Nairobi||✔|
|10. Kisii University||Kisii||✔|
|11. Mount Kenya University||Thika||✔||✔||✔|
|12. Strathmore University||Nairobi||✔||✔|
|13. Riara University||Nairobi||✔|
|14. Africa Nazarene University||Nairobi||✔|
|15. Catholic University of Eastern Africa||Nairobi||✔|
|16. Chuka University||Ndagani||✔|
|17. Daystar University||Machakos||✔|
|18. Egerton University||Nakuru||✔|
|19. Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology||Juja||✔|
|20. Kabarak University||Nakuru||✔|
|21. Kenyatta University||Nairobi||✔|
|22. Moi University||Kesses||✔|
|23. University of Eldoret||Eldoret||✔||✔||✔|
How to choose the best law college or institute in Kenya?
Before you take admission into any Law colleges in Kenya, there some factors may help your best selection.
- Ranking: If possible find the ranking of the college
- No. of Professor: Check the number of professors, faculties e.t.c.
- Is there any international collaboration with the Department of Law or Faculty of Law?
- Course establishment date.
- Whether the “Law course” approved by CUE.
- Check the Law Programme Accreditation and Law Institutional Accreditation.
- Whether the institution is authorized to offer university-level education in Kenya or not?
- Fees and Scholarship.
- Safety and Security.
- Most importantly discuss with a couple of senior students about the Law course and the facilities.
Check Other Latest Topics
- University Address
- Admission Requirements
- Application Form
- Course Details
- Fee Structure
- Fees Structure
- Graduation List
- Joining instructions
- Student Loan and Scholarships in Kenya