Chuka University Grading System: The assessment of students’ academic achievement shall be on the basis of percentage marks and each assessment shall have 70 percent as a final examination at the end of semester. Continuous assessment shall be compulsory for the award of semester scores.
The duration of end of semester examinations shall be as follows:
- (a) A course having credit factor (CF) equal to or less than 3 shall be examined by a paper of 2 hours only.
- (b) A course having a CF greater than 3 shall be examined by a paper of three (3) hours.
Where a course is practical in nature it may be examined wholly or substantially by continuous assessment and/or practical assessment.
Chuka University Grading System
Marks scored in each course shall be translated into grades as follows:
- (a) 70% and above = A (Very good)
- (b) 60% to 69% = B (Good)
- (c) 50% to 59% = C (Satisfactory)
- (d) 40% to 49% = D (Pass)
- (e) Below 40% or 50% = F (Fail)
The pass mark shall be 40% for all undergraduate courses and 50% for all post-graduate courses.
Other designations related to examinations shall be as follows:
- P: Pass,
- I: Incomplete,
- K: Course transfer,
- CT: Credit Transfer,
- AU: Audit
- Chuka University
- Chuka University Student Portal
- Chuka University Admission Letter
- Chuka University Grading System
- Chuka University Fee Structure
- Chuka University Application Form
- Chuka University Contacts and Location