Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) Grading System: Grading System
Each course shall be marked out of 100%. Numerical scores shall have letter grade equivalents as indicated below: The pass mark in each course shall be 50. 2. Examinations shall consist of course work, which will amount to 30% (24 marks) and a semester exam which will amount to 70% (54 marks) for each course. A course that consists solely of practical work may be examined by continuous assessment.
CUEA Grading System
Each course shall be marked out of 100%. Numerical scores shall have letter grade equivalents as indicated below:
- 70%- 78% (A – Summa cum Laude) Excellent
- 60% – 69% (B – Magna cum Laude) Good
- 55% – 59% (C – Cum Laude) Satisfactory
- 50% – 54% (D – Bene Probatus) Pass
- 49% and below: fail (F – Non Probatus) Fail
*Fomular for conversion of the letter grades to GPA approved by the Senate in 2002 (see . CUEA document entitled Academic policies and regulations )
Grading System of Doctorate (PhD)
The final grade of the doctorate shall be calculated as follows:
- – Course work 20%
- – Public Lecture 10%
- – Written dissertation 60%
- – Public defense 10%. To graduate, the candidate must have passed all the above levels.
– The Chairperson shall present the final grade to the Dean for approval before it is forwarded to the Registrar’s office.
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa
- CUEA Student Portal Login and Register
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) Admission Letters
- Catholic University of East Africa (CUEA) Grading System
- CUEA Intakes (Application Form and Online Registration)
- Catholic University of East Africa Admission Requirements
- Catholic University of Eastern Africa Location and Address