Daystar University Grading System and GPA Calculator: The marking distribution of Daystar University is represented by Grading System. The total GPA of the semester can be calculated through the Grade Point Average (GPA) Total Credit Hours.
Daystar University Grading System
- Continuous assessment shall be part of a student’s assessment throughout his/her programme. Tests, assignments, projects, term papers, practical work, etc. will be included in the calculation of the student’s final mark for a given course.
- In addition to the continuous assessment, a final examination shall be administered at the end of each semesters’ projects, and the marks will be added to the continuous assessment in accordance with the special departmental regulations.
|Marks||Letter Grade Per Credit||Grade Points|
|91 – 100||A||4.0|
|81 – 90||A-||3.7 Superior|
|76 – 80||B+||3.3|
|71 – 75||B||3.0|
|66 – 70||B-||2.7|
|61 – 65||C+||2.3|
|56 – 60||C||2.0|
|51 – 55||C-||1.7|
|46 – 50||D+||1.3|
|41 – 45||D||1.0|
|40 and below||F||0.0|
The letter ‘I’ may be awarded as a course grade, and it signifies that the student’s work in that course is not complete and a regular grade will not be assigned until it is completed.
For each course the student is given a letter grade, which has the following significance:
- All grades below D will carry no credit and will be calculated as zero grade point.
- Students will be allowed to repeat failed required major courses only twice except for the non-credit courses which can be repreated until the student attains a pass. After that the student will be discontinued. Repeated courses will receive whatever grade the student achieves. If the course failed twice is a general education course the student is allowed to take a course in his/ her major concentration or minor in its place.
- A cumulative grading point average of at least 2.00 must be maintained to continue studies in good standing.
- A student’s cumulative grading point average (Cum GPA) is obtained by dividing the total number of semester credits attempted (those in which grade points may be earned) into the total number of grade points obtained. Credits transfered from other institutions do not carry grade points. Furthermore, some courses which are required but carry no credit or which are graded only on a simple “pass-fail” basis are not used in calculating the grade point average.
- All degree and diploma candidates must achieve a cumulative GPA in their major courses of at least 2.00 in addition to having a cumulative GPA of 2.00 in all courses.
- Daystar University
- Daystar University Grading System
- Daystar University Courses
- Daystar University Campus
- Daystar University Student Portal Login and Online Registration