Laikipia University Grading System and Examination Rules. Each candidate shall be required to attend and participate in Seminars at the relevant Department/ Centre and School, Institute or Campus. The Laikipia University Grading System Examination Rules is set by the University Senate.
Laikipia University Examination Rules
- Examinations for the PhD Degree shall be conducted under the authority of Senate as specified under various Rules and Regulations.
- Continuous Assessment of programmes conducted by Research/ Thesis only shall be reflected in the candidate’s Progress Reports submitted by the Supervisors.
Continuous Assessment for programmes conducted by Coursework, Examination and Thesis shall consist of:
- i) Assignments, Laboratory Practicals and such other tests as the Regulations of the Department or Centre may prescribe, which shall constitute forty per cent (40%) of the total marks for each Course.
- ii) The Final Examinations which shall constitute sixty per cent (60%) of the total marks for each Course.
Laikipia University Grading System
Seminars and/ or courses, which are purely of a practical nature, shall be examined entirely by Continuous Assessment. Marks obtained in examinations shall be converted into Letter Grades as follows.
- 70% and Above A (Excellent)
- 60-69% B (Good)
- 50-59% C (Average)
- 49 and below F (Fail)
The pass Grade shall be fifty percent (50%) which is Grade “C”. A candidate will be required to maintain a minimum average of Grade “C” in the Courses taken, equivalent to fifty percent (50%) in order to continue with the programme.
A candidate who fails a Course shall be required to do a Resit examination once only at
the candidate’s own expense. The maximum grade to be obtained for a Resit examination shall be “C” equivalent to fifty per cent (50%).
- Laikipia University Campuses and Location
- Laikipia University Grading System Examination Rules
- Laikipia University Application Form and Admission
- Laikipia University Student Portal
- Laikipia University Courses and Entry Requirements