Women's University in Africa (WUA) Student Portal. All new and old students must have an account with the WUA student portal. Therefore, students may log in using the User ID and Password into the web … [Read More...]
University of Nairobi (UON) Admission and Requirements 2020/2021 (www.uonbi.ac.ke). The university allows students to get admission into various courses like Undergraduate, Postgraduate and other Certificates and Diplomas courses. In addition, Government-sponsored and self-sponsored students who meet admission requirements guide.
- The inception of the University of Nairobi is traced back to 1956, with the establishment of the Royal Technical College which admitted its first lot of A-level graduates for technical courses in April of the same year. On 20th May 1964, the Royal College Nairobi has renamed University of Nairobi.
To provide quality university education and training and to embody the aspirations of the Kenyan people and the global community through creation, preservation, integration, transmission, and utilization of knowledge
- Number of campuses = 10
- Total faculties, schools, institutes, centres = 35
- Total extramural centres = 15
- Total academic programmes 540
- Total students of 84,000
- Number of academic staff with PhDs = 2,220
- Total professors = 450
- Number of administrative & technical staff = 5,525
- Number of international collaborations =1,350
- students/faculty exchange = 800
- Number of scholarships = 500 +
- Admission into the programmes of the University is governed by the statutory regulations and admission requirements as set out in Statute XXI of the University of Nairobi. Additionally, one must meet the
admission criteria as set out and approved by the University Senate.
- Certificates and Diplomas Information about admission and application into these programmes may
be obtained from the relevant Faculties/ Schools and Institutes.
- The entrance requirements given here must be regarded as minimum requirements, which in no way entitle the applicant to a place in the university on government sponsorship. In addition, candidates will be required to fulfil specific admission requirements of the faculties/schools/institutes to which they seek admission: a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) with an aggregate minimum grade of c+ from at least seven approved subjects obtained at the same sitting or equivalent qualifications approved by the University Senate.
- For the purposes of this regulation, approved subjects shall be such subjects as Senate shall from time to time determine.
- Applicants for postgraduate certificate and diploma programmes should have a minimum of a pass degree. Applicants for masters degree programmes should have a bachelor’s degree with an upper second class honors degree or a second class honors lower division with two years working experience in the relevant discipline from the University of Nairobi or equivalent qualification from institutions recognized by Senate. Persons with lower qualifications but with publications and postgraduate diploma after bachelors’ degrees will in exceptional cases be considered for admission.
- Applicants for the degree of doctor of philosophy should have a masters degree from the University of Nairobi or an equivalent qualification from institutions recognized by the University of Nairobi Senate. In addition, such applicants should be able to show evidence of their capacity to carry out original research. Inquiries relating to specific courses may be made to the relevant deans/ directors of faculties/institutes/schools
University of Nairobi Admission 2018
The University of Nairobi(UoN), a body corporate is established under the Universities Act 2012 of the Laws of Kenya and the University of Nairobi Charter. It is the pioneer institution of university education in Kenya and the region.
For any queries about undergraduate admissions please contact:
The Academic Registrar ,Admissions Office Reception,
University of Nairobi, Main Campus
Administration Block, 1st Floor
Tel: +254-20-318262 Ext. 28285 or 28213, Fax: +254-20-245566 or
via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Nairobi
- UON Student Portal
- University of Nairobi Admission List 2021
- University of Nairobi Admission and Requirements 2020-2021
- UON Admission letter and Joining instructions 2020/2021
- University of Nairobi Email Address Signup UON Student Email)
Check Other Latest Topics
- University Address
- Admission Requirements
- Application Form
- Course Details
- Fee Structure
- Fees Structure
- Graduation List
- Joining instructions
- Student Loan and Scholarships in Kenya