Women's University in Africa (WUA) Student Portal. All new and old students must have an account with the WUA student portal. Therefore, students may log in using the User ID and Password into the web … [Read More...]
Egerton University Admission Requirements 2020/2021 for Doctorate Programmes, Bachelors Programmes, and Masters Programmes. Before apply for the admission into the university all students should check the “Egerton University Admission Requirements or Minimum Entry Requirements”.
Egerton University Admission Requirements
To apply for admission to Egerton University Download the application forms from www.egerton.ac.ke, pay the required application fees and submit a duly filled form to the Registrar (Academic Affairs).
Minimum Entry Requirements for Diploma Programmes
The entry requirements set out below are only minimum, and they do not in any way, entitle an applicant to a place in the University. Applicants must:
- Have the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with an average grade ‘C’ passed at one sitting from at least seven subjects drawn from subject groupings as specified by the Kenya
- National Examinations Council or equivalent. Provided that candidates with disabilities will be given special consideration with regard to the number of subjects taken at KCSE.
- Hold a certificate from a recognized institution with a ‘Credit’ pass or higher or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization, acceptable to Senate.
- Meet additional or specific entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, Faculty, School or Institute offering the Diploma programme.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Bachelor‘s Degree
The entry requirements set out below are only minimum, and they in no way entitle an applicant to a place in the University. Applicants must:
- Have the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with an average grade C+ (C plus)\passed at one sitting from at least seven subjects drawn from subject groupings as specified by the Kenya National Examinations Council or its equivalent.
- Have one of the following combinations of passes in the Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education examination:
- Two (2) Principal passes obtained at the same sitting.
- Egerton University Statutes 2008 43
- Two (2) Principal passes obtained at different settings provided the passes are of Grade C or higher.
- Hold a Diploma of Egerton University with a ‘Credit’ pass or higher or an equivalent
- Qualification from a recognized institution in the relevant field of specialization acceptable to Senate. Those with a ‘Pass’ Diploma will be considered if they have at least two years of relevant experience after graduation.
Meet additional entry requirements as may be specified by the respective Department, Faculty, School or Institute.
To be admitted for a PRE-SERVICE DEGREE PROGRAM, a prospective
candidate must have all the requirements set up by the Joint Admission Board
(JAB), with a prospective IN-SERVICE student must have completed a diploma
program in the relevant field and graduated with at least a credit.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Masters‘s Degree
- Applicants for a master’s degree should have a minimum of an Upper Second Class Honours degree in the relevant discipline from Egerton University or an institution recognized by Egerton University. Persons with Second Lower Class Honours with two years relevant work experience are also eligible for admission.
- Admission shall be offered to holders of a Bachelor’s Degree with an Upper Second Class Honours or above or equivalent qualification from recognized Institutions.
- In exceptional cases, the Senate may also admit to the Master’s programme a non-holder of Upper Second Class Honours provided that such candidate can, on the basis of the research and other scholarly work done, demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Senate qualification to undertake postgraduate studies.
Minimum Entry Requirements for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
Candidates wishing to pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) programme at Egerton University must meet the following
a) Have appropriate preparatory academic training as
evidenced by at least one of the following:
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree of Egerton University
- Be a holder of a Master’s Degree or an equivalent academic qualification of any other recognized institution.
- Be a candidate enrolled for a Master’s Degree in Egerton University for at least one year who has to the satisfaction of the Senate shown exceptional progress in the Research Work to merit upgrading.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree whom the Senate has specially exempted from the Master’s programme.
b) Fulfill specific requirements as maybe stipulated by respective Department,
Faculty/School/Institute/Campus with regard to the field of study.
- Egerton University @www.egerton.ac.ke
- Egerton University Scholarships 2020/2021
- Egerton University Admission and Application Form
- Egerton University Admission Requirements
- Egerton University Intakes 2020
- Egerton University Admission Letters
- Egerton University Admission List 2020/2021
- Uniplus Egerton University Student Portal